For Salsa Rojo:
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small roasted beet, skin removed, diced
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 jalapeño (seeds removed), diced fine
- 1/8 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2/3 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup cold water
Combine vinegar, lime juice, olive oil and beet in a blender and run until smooth. Transfer pureé into a jar.
Add the quarter cup of cold water to the blender, blend and pour the rest of the mixture into same jar.
Mix the diced jalapeño, garlic and cilantro into dressing.
- 1 roasted beet, peel & slice thin
- 1/2 cup hibiscus flower & radish escabeche (recipe to follow)
- 1 cucumber, seeded and sliced thin (place 1/2 in a jar with 1/2 cup of salsa Rojo and marinate for at least an hour)
- 2 cups Napa cabbage sliced thin
- 1 roasted corn cob, kernels removed
- 1/2 cup black beans cooked and drained
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup red wine vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup sweet pea sprouts
- Pinch salt
Combine cabbage, corn, beans, onion and sprouts in a bowl – toss with vinaigrette and salt.
In salad bowls:
Line the rim with sliced cucumber on one side and slice beets on the other, then place salad in the middle. Finish with a spoonful of marinated cucumbers on one side and radish/hibiscus escabeche on the other.
Serve with extra salsa Rojo on the side.