Recipe serves 6
3 – 1 1/2 lobsters
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
3 cups of Mir Poix (celery, onions, carrots diced fine)
Half a cup of butter
2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
Half a cup of white wine
2 ripe tomatoes (core and chop)
1/2 a cup of heavy cream
1 quart of water
Salt and pepper to season
4 leaves of basil
2 tablespoons of chopped basil
2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
1 cup of fresh Shell peas
1 box of thick spaghetti
1. Bring one gallon of water to a boil in a large pot, add lobsters and cover for 5 minutes, remove and drop into ice water until chilled.
2. Clean/ pick lobster meat. Place shells in a roasting pan and roast until dry at 375 degrees for half an hour.
3. Bring 2 quarts of water to a simmer on the stove top. Add roasted lobster shells. Reduce by half.
4. In a large saute pan soften Mir Poix in butter. Stir for 5 minutes. Then add tomato paste and white wine.
5. Add 1 quart of lobster stock and simmer.
6. Bring a pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Once the water is boiling, salt generously. Add 1 box of spaghetti (thick).
7. Add picked lobster (cut into large chunks) to simmering stock followed by chopped tomatoes and heavy cream.
8. Add peas for the remaining 2 minutes of the boiling pasta water. Strain the pasta and peas and add to the lobster stock.
9. Finally stir the parsley and basil into the final presentation.