Recipe serves 30 cups
- 6 quarts water
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 10 plum tomatos
- 25 Guajillo chilis (stems removed)
- 3 Arbol chilis (stems removed)
- 1 Spanish onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons cumin powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 dozen fried, chopped tortillas
Add all ingredients to water, bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
Remove from heat, blend and strain.
Chill and hold cold until service.
- 10 corn tortillas cut into strips and fried
- 2 avocados dice
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Heat desired amount of soup on stove top.
Place a handful of shredded tortillas in each cup. Fill with soup, garnish with avocado & cilantro, crumble feta on all.