- 1 lb fresh Italian sausage (remove from casing)
- 2 cups Muir Glen organic canned tomatoes, drained and cut into quarters
- 4 large garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1 cup basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 pound fresh fusilli
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil and salt the water.
In a saute pan add the sausage and cook over medium flame until it begins to brown. Add the garlic and stir until the garlic begins to brown. Crush the sausage with a fork as you stir, add the tomato and chicken stock.
Place the pasta in the boiling water.
Add the basil to the tomato sauce.
Blend ricotta cheese in a small bowl with the parsley using a fork.
After 3 minutes in boiling water the pasta will be ready, drain pasta and toss with sauce then plate.
Finally, garnish each plate of pasta with a spoonful of the herbed ricotta and serve.