- 1 lb fresh whole wheat fettuccine
- 10 garlic scapes, chopped fine
- 2 cups fresh English shell peas
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano, cleaned and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme, cleaned and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, cleaned and chopped
- Sea salt
Bring a large pot of water, salt once boiling with a handful of salt.
In a saute pan bring the oil to heat over medium flame.
Add the garlic scapes and stir.
Place the peas in the boiling water, follow after 2 minutes with the fresh pasta and allow all to boil for 3 minutes.
Strain the pasta with the peas in a colander, saving the last 2 cups of pasta water.
Add all to the pan with oil and scapes, stir in the herbs and serve.
Have freshly grated Parmesan cheese and a pepper grinder on the table at service. Some like chili flakes too.
End of Spring garlic scape pasta